► Job Openings
Grand Stage Company has a full time position available at our N Knox location. Candidate must be energetic, creative, organized, self-starting, and have good people skills. Rental Shop Technicians are responsible for all equipment passing through the warehouse including rental gear, bulk sales, and customer repairs.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain, store and inventory all rental equipment
- Prepare equipment for rental orders, checking in returned equipment and inspecting for damage
- Assist with customer training, operation, and maintenance of equipment
- Perform onsite labor, supervision of crews and equipment, and design work
- Maintain shop, test, and common areas appearance
- Prepare, test and repackage projects systems equipment
- Deliver and recover equipment
- Obtain Illinois Class C drivers license within 60 days of hire
- Maintain clean driving record
- Maintain vehicle records in collaboration with accounting department
- Schedule all vehicle repairs and regular service maintenance
- Assist with deliveries as necessary
- Assist with shop and customer equipment repairs in conjunction with Service Department
- Assist with consumable sales, machine shop, and sewing shop staff as required
- Assist with maintenance of retail and warehouse facilities
- Assist with day to day operations of family owned business and any other responsibilities as may be requested by the Shop Manager, Rental Manager or President
- After hours and weekend work as required
Ideal Candidates will ideally possess the following:
• Good interpersonal and communication skills; both written and verbal
• Team player with positive attitude
• Excellent Customer Service Skills
• Strong working knowledge of theatrical lighting practices and equipment
• Familiarity with PC computers and Microsoft Office products
• Creative problem solving skills with mechanical aptitude
• Ability to multi-task, set agendas and handle several projects simultaneously
• Ability to lift and carry equipment up to 50 lbs.
Salary negotiable (includes excellent benefits). Grand Stage is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Send resume and cover letter to: Grand Stage Company, Attn: Matt Winstead, 3418 N Knox Ave. Chicago, IL 60641, E-mail: email@example.com. No phone calls please.
Download an employment application