|►Thoughts when renting equipment
1. What is your budget? It helps to have an idea or what you can spend. Don't be discouraged if the price you are quoted is more than you can spend. Our staff is willing to work with you to provide an affordable system that meets your needs.
2. Where are you using the equipment? Make sure you know the power requirements or the equipment, and the power availability of the venue.
3. Do you have a floor plan or design plot? The more information you can provide, the easier and faster we can serve you. If you are able to provide us floor plans or a lighting plot, which notes locations of power, obstructions, seating, etc... We can design you an appropriate package.
4. Do you know the equipment? Make sure you give yourself enough time to pick-up, set up, and familiarize yourself with the equipment. Yes it may mean spending a little more money, but in the long run it saves headaches. When you allow yourself a few extra days, especially if you do not use lighting equipment on a regular basis, you can prevent any last minute with faulty fixtures or inadequate of equipment.
5. Do you need help? Never fail to ask questions! We offer training on all equipment we rent and sell, you should never feel uncomfortable with the equipment you need for your show. If there are any problems with the equipment you must notify the location you rented from immediately. If it is after hours please leave us a message and we will get back to you first thing at our next regular operating hours. If you feel you need more assistance, Grand Stage would be happy to talk with you about providing a Lead Technician for your event. Contact our Rentals Department for rates.
► Customer Responsibilities
All equipment is offered for inspection, training in usage of, and testing at the location of pick up. We encourage you to take advantage of this courtesy. Grand Stage will not, under any circumstances, be responsible for any claims or liabilities resulting from the use or possession of any equipment rented from us. We will, upon request, assist you in loading equipment into your vehicle, however we are not responsible for any damages. The customer's signature on the rental contract is their assumption of responsibility for all items listed on said contract.
Our equipment is rented without guarantee or warranty of suitability for any purpose other than manufacturers stated use. In the event of equipment malfunction, it is your responsibility to notify us immediately, contact your location of rental. Renter is responsible for items from the time they leave our shop until they are returned, and as such is liable for full replacement value and lost rental fees until missing items are replaced. All cables must be returned in a neat coiled condition or you will be assessed charges for recoiling with a minimum one half hour rate.
Customer must have personal identification with a photo ID in order pick up materials. All items are subject to local transaction and use taxes unless specifically excluded by letter with copy on file in our Chicago office. We cannot refund taxes after a rental has taken place. All tax exemption must be on file before you pick up your materials.